GRASS GIS - Frequently asked questions
See also our new FAQ in the Wiki!
GRASS GIS Introduction:
How to install GRASS binaries:
- Here are the official GRASS releases
- Installing GRASS:
- Installation of devices:
Usage problems and Frequently asked questions
- XDRIVER driver: How to define the size of GRASS Monitor
- CELL driver: Why do we have this funny CELL driver which obviously displays nothing
- d.3d and CELL driver: I would like to print nice 3D views with d.3d ! [2001: we recommend
- Using GRASS:
- How to use GRASS in batch mode (fully script based)?:
Is your question not answered yet? Check the GRASS Mailing list archives
or send a mail:
How to compile GRASS:
Reporting a bug?
Where is all the documentation?
Import of specific file formats into GRASS 5:
NVIZ visualization tool:
- MPEG: You can generate MPEG animations with NVIZ. You need the mpeg_encoder
installed. And here is a file to control the mpeg_encode software: mpegparam.txt. Adjust the file name and the number
of images you want to convert. Finally use mpeg_play
to play the film.
- Problems with Mesa3D-libraries: Please install MESA properly. Read