- Creates topology for vector map.
Optionally also checks for topological errors.
v.build [-e] map=name [error=name] option=string[,string,...] [--overwrite] [--help] [--verbose] [--quiet] [--ui]
- Extensive checks for topological errors
- Perform in-depth checks for topological errors when building topology
- Allow output files to overwrite existing files
- Print usage summary
- Verbose module output
- Quiet module output
- Force launching GUI dialog
- map=name [required]
- Name of vector map
- Name for output vector map where erroneous vector features are written to
- option=string[,string,...] [required]
- Build topology or dump topology or indices to standard output
- Options: build, dump, sdump, cdump, fdump
- Default: build
- build: build topology
- dump: write topology to stdout
- sdump: write spatial index to stdout
- cdump: write category index to stdout
- fdump: write feature index to stdout (OGR simple-feature-based formats only)
builds support files for GRASS vector maps. These
support files supply topology and category information including
spatial index that are needed by other GRASS modules.
GRASS is generating these support files automatically, only in rare
cases the user has to (re)build them.
vector data processing in GRASS GIS for
more information on GRASS vector data model.
creates support files only for vector maps located in
the user's current mapset. It's not possible to rebuild support files
) for vector maps from other mapsets.
In case of errors, the user can optionally generate an error
vector map containing the erroneous vectors for later inspection.
If error vector map is specified, v.build checks:
- isolated bondaries (which are not forming any areas),
- centroids outside of area,
- duplicated centroids.
Extensive checks for topological errors (flag -e) also
- lines or boundaries of zero length,
- intersecting boundaries, ie. overlapping areas,
- areas without centroids that are not isles.
Note that option=build
recreates also spatial and category
indices, not only topology. For linked OGR layers
) also feature
index is created.
v.build map=urbanarea option=build
Note that the vector map urbanarea
must be located in the
Dump options print topology, spatial, category or feature index to
standard output. Such information can be printed also for vector maps
from other mapsets. A description of the vector topology is available in
the GRASS GIS 7 Programmer's Manual
section "Vector library topology management".
v.build map=urbanarea option=dump
See also wxGUI vector digitizer.
Dave Gerdes, U.S.Army Construction Engineering Research
Michael Higgins, U.S.Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratory,
Radim Blazek, ITC-irst, Trento, Italy
Last changed: $Date: 2016-03-08 00:06:33 -0800 (Tue, 08 Mar 2016) $
Available at: v.build source code (history)
Main index |
Vector index |
Topics index |
Keywords index |
Graphical index |
GRASS Development Team,
GRASS GIS 7.4.1svn Reference Manual