- Tool for creating hardcopy map outputs.
g.gui.psmap [file=name] [--help] [--verbose] [--quiet] [--ui]
- Print usage summary
- Verbose module output
- Quiet module output
- Force launching GUI dialog
- File containing mapping instructions to load
- See ps.map manual for details
wxGUI Cartographic Composer also called wx.psmap is
a wxGUI extension which allows the
user to create interactively hardcopy map outputs. This tool
generates ps.map configuration file
and then runs ps.map to create
PostScript output. There are two modes - Draft mode for map
composing and Preview mode
Imaging Library) to see how the result will look like. In draft
mode map features (like legend or scalebar) are represented by a
colored rectangle with a label.
Possible output files:
- ps.map instructions file
- PostScript/EPS file
- PDF (using ps2pdf)
Cartographic Composer enables to load in saved instructions file. It
works better with files created by wx.psmap (more tested).
Currently supported ps.map instructions:
Generate instructions file
- Generates and saves text file with mapping instructions.
Load instructions file
- Load text file with mapping instructions.
- Specify paper size, margins and orientation.
- Select object on the paper by clicking, drag the cursor while pressing the left mouse button to move it or resize object (currently only map frame) by clicking on a small black box in its bottom right corner. Double click to show object properties dialog
- Drag the pan cursor while pressing the left mouse button to move your view.
- Interactive zooming with the mouse in both draft and preview mode. Drawing a box or just a left click with the mouse and zoom-in cursor causes the display to zoom in so that the area defined by the box fills the display.
- Interactive zooming with the mouse in both draft and preview mode. Drawing a box or just a left click with the mouse and zoom-out cursor causes the display to zoom out so that the area displayed shrinks to fill the area defined by the box.
Zoom to page
- Zoom to display the entire page
- Click and drag to place map frame. If map frame is already drawn, open a dialog to set its properties.
- Shows a dialog to add or change the raster map.
- Shows a dialog to add or change current vector maps and their properties:
- Data selection
- Select data to draw:
- Feature type
- Select which data type to draw. In case of point data, points or centroids
can be drawn, in case of line data, lines or boundaries.
- Layer selection
- Select layer and limit data by a SQL query or chose only certain categories.
- Whether to use mask or not.
- Color settings:
- Select outline color and width in points. In case of lines, outline means highlighting.
- Select fill color, one color for all vector elements or color from rgb column.
- Size and style
Sets size, style, symbols, pattern; depends on data type:
- Available for point data. Choose symbol or EPS file to draw points with.
- Line style
- Available for line data. Select line style (solid, dashed, ...) and the look of the ends of the line (butt, round, ...)
- Available for areas. Choose pattern file and set the width of the pattern.
- Available for point data. Choose size (number of times larger than the size in the icon file) as a single value or take the size from a map table column.
- Available for point data. Rotate symbols counterclockwise with the given value or with the value from a map table column
- Available for line data. Set line width in points or take the value from a map table column.
- Add overlays: vector labels, grid (not yet implemented)
- Add vector labels created beforehand by v.label module.
Add map elements
- Add map elements: legend, scalebar, map info, text
- Add raster or vector legend or edit their properties.
Add map info
- Add information about region, grid and scale or edit map info properties.
- Add scalebar or edit its properties.
- Add text label.
Remove selected element
- Select an object and remove it. Pressing Delete key does the same.
- Generates output and switches to Preview mode to see the result. Be patient, it can take a while.
Generate hardcopy map output in PS
- Generates hardcopy map output in PostScript/EPS file.
Generate hardcopy map output in PDF
- Generates hardcopy map output in PDF using ps2pdf.
See also wiki page.
Anna Kratochvilova, Czech Technical Univesity in Prague, Czech
Republic (bachelor's final project 2011, mentor: Martin Landa)
$Date: 2014-04-20 06:20:39 -0700 (Sun, 20 Apr 2014) $
Available at: wxGUI Cartographic Composer source code (history)
Main index |
GUI index |
Topics index |
Keywords index |
Graphical index |
GRASS Development Team,
GRASS GIS 7.5.svn Reference Manual