Note: A new GRASS GIS stable version has been released: GRASS GIS 7, available here. And see the new manual page here
g.gui - Launches a GRASS graphical user interface (GUI) session.
g.gui [-un] [gui=string] [workspace=name] [--verbose] [--quiet]
- Update default GUI setting
- Do not launch GUI after updating the default GUI setting
- Verbose module output
- Quiet module output
- GUI type
- Default value: GRASS_GUI if defined, otherwise wxpython
- Options: wxpython,tcltk,oldtcltk,text
- wxpython: wxPython based GUI - wxGUI
- tcltk: Tcl/Tk based GUI - GIS Manager (gis.m)
- oldtcltk: Old Tcl/Tk based GUI - Display Manager (d.m)
- text: command line interface only
- Name of workspace file
This program allows user to start a selected graphical user interface (GUI)
from the command line prompt.
Currently three different GUIs are supported:
If the -u update flag is given or the g.gisenv
GRASS_GUI variable is missing, then the GRASS_GUI
variable is permanently changed and the selected GUI will be used
as the default UI from then on.
- tcltk - Current Tcl/Tk based GUI aka the gis.m
- oldtcltk - Old Tcl/Tk based GUI aka the d.m
- wxpython - New wxPython based GUI aka
Valid values for GRASS_GUI are text, tcltk,
oldtcltk, and wxpython.
g.gisenv variables are stored in the user's home directory
in a hidden file called ".grassrc6". They are not shell environment
variables and the "rc" file is not a classic UNIX run command file,
it just contains persistent GRASS variables and is not executed.
Set the command line to be the default UI:
wxPython based new generation GUI,
Tcl/Tk based GIS Manager (gis.m),
Tcl/Tk based Display Manager (d.m),
g.gisenv, GRASS variables list
Martin Landa, FBK-irst, Trento, Italy
Hamish Bowman, Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand (fine tuning)
Last changed: $Date: 2013-04-14 21:24:55 -0700 (Sun, 14 Apr 2013) $
Main index - general index - Full index
© 2003-2016 GRASS Development Team