- Interactively compares two maps by swiping a visibility bar.
g.gui.mapswipe [first=name] [second=name] [mode=string] [--help] [--verbose] [--quiet] [--ui]
- Print usage summary
- Verbose module output
- Quiet module output
- Force launching GUI dialog
- First (top/right) raster map
- Second (bottom/left) raster map
- View mode
- Options: swipe, mirror
- Default: swipe
- swipe: swiping the upper map layer to show the map layer below
- mirror: synchronized maps side by side
The Map Swipe
is a wxGUI
which allows the user to interactively compare two raster maps of the same
area by revealing different parts of the raster maps.
It is useful e.g. for comparing raster maps from different time periods.
Map Swipe can be launched from the menu File -> Map Swipe
Map Swipe allows you to:
- switch orientation of the swipe line (horizontal or vertical)
- zooming, panning
- automatically load maps when opening Map Swipe with two selected raster maps in Layer Manager
- compare 2 raster maps or load different combinations of raster
and vector maps and set transparency (advanced mode)
- save display to graphics file
- display text labels with map names
- choose between 'swipe' mode (default) and 'mirror' mode (synchronized maps displayed side by side)
- change the appearance of cursor in 'mirror' mode (available in Map Swipe settings)
Pre and post disaster images of the tsunami in Japan in 2011. The upper MODIS image
taken on February 26, 2011, shows the coastline under normal conditions while the lower
MODIS image on March 13, 2011, shows a clear view of tsunami flooding along the coastline.
Water, black and dark blue in these false-color images, still covers the ground as much
as five kilometers (three miles) from the coast.
Source: Earth Observatory/NASA
See also the user wiki page.
Czech Technical University in Prague
, Czech Republic
wxGUI Map Swipe source code
Latest change: Friday Mar 25 13:37:12 2022 in commit: 7d79d826ddaeaeb10d1fe962ce0208dd10eec360
Main index |
GUI index |
Topics index |
Keywords index |
Graphical index |
GRASS Development Team,
GRASS GIS 8.3.dev Reference Manual